Go Bold As Gold with Metallic Screen Printing Inks!
in Permaset Blog Screen Printing16 Nov 2018 | 0 Comments
What’s neither glitter nor pure gold but gives off a brilliant, breathtaking sheen to prints on your shirt? It’s none other than metallic ink, and it gives off just enough shine to make any printed design stand out without being too loud or ostentatious.
Metallic inks are distinct printing inks that have been around for a while but aren’t as commonly used as other water-based inks for printing. There are a few possible reasons for this, one being that people often get intimidated by the boldness of these colours, and are unsure how to use them.
Using metallic inks for screen printing however is not that complicated, and they produce sensational, shining results that are well worth the try.
Give Your Shirts Extra Shine with Metallic Ink
Metallic inks may appear more luxe than their multi-coloured counterparts, but don’t be fooled. They’re perfect for simple projects like t-shirt printing and can give you that extra ‘oomph’ to really make your designs pop.
On white and light coloured shirts metallic inks can give designs more light and shine, and on black and dark-coloured shirts designs can be extra eye-catching and make a bold statement. Even a small or simple design can look awesome just by using one of these metallic inks.
Using Permaset Aqua metallic inks to create your own custom t-shirts is just like using any of our other inks, however you may need a slightly courser mesh as these inks can be somewhat thicker than regular coloured inks. If you’re not used to printing with these inks, it’s best to do a few test prints first before making your final print.
Credits: Just Bee Designs, Cairns QLD Australia
The Many Uses of Metallic Silk Screen Fabric Ink
There are plenty of instances where metallic fabric ink is an ideal choice:
- For creating marketing materials, like tote bags, shirts, caps – Metallic inks can make marketing materials stand out better and catch everyone’s eye
- For creating custom sports team uniforms – Metallic inks help to make sports uniforms stand out. People are sure to cheer harder for their teams when they’re dressed in uniforms streaked with shining silver or gold; they’ll appear more intimidating to the competition, and they’ll feel like they’re champions already!
- For performance outfits – Be it for theatre or dance, metallic prints will give performance costumes that added shine that’s sure to dazzle the audience
- For extra special personalised gifts – For mother’s day you can make your Mum feel like a queen with a shirt that says exactly that in gold! Or you could delight someone on their birthday with a shining, shimmering shirt personalised with their name or favourite design
- For Christmas decorations – Get crafty with household items and see how far your imagination can stretch. Get started by getting Permaset Aqua’s Christmas Mini Pack now!
See what a difference metallic prints can make. Metallic inks colours are available in copper, gold lustre, bright silver and pearl white. Order your metallic inks online now from our Permaset Aqua range.